Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 53 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
This week’s Top Pick is news that Playstation VR finally has a release date and price- later than most in October, but also cheaper at $399!
We also continue to see the evolution of VR with news of VR editors now available to games developers and Sky’s launch of their VR Studio. However, Oculus advise creators to take time to experiment with short form VR and we feature some fun examples of this. And we reflect on Netflix's role in bringing TV and film to international audiences and feature a demo of an interactive projector.
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Amazon turns foodie in bid to make Twitch the new TV
- Netflix's Chelsea Handler talk show debuts May 11th
- BuzzFeed vet Jon Steinberg on why his new video venture Cheddar won't rely on ads
- Netflix pulls its Android Beta Program, says it was not meant for consumers to join
- Instagram will be algorithmically sorting your feed, for your own benefit but also for brands