Consumers spent $329M on the top 10 subscription video apps last quarter
It is possible to make money out of SVOD apps.
- Find a niche market with global audience appeal
- Reach and grow that audience across app stores
- Build an engaged community
- Deliver content to them that resonates and fits with their viewing habits
- Meet their expectations of fast video delivery, and easy to discover library
- Make it a pleasure to interact with!
So major kudos to the SVOD apps like Netflix and Hulu, featured in this report by Sensor, which have managed to bring in chunky Q3 US subscription revenue of $329 million.
That’s a healthy MRR of approx $110m with no sign of slow down!
Twitch streamers are getting Snap's AR selfie filters
Snap recently announced a new partnership with Twitch that will bring augmented reality lenses to users of the video-streaming site with their new Snap Camera. Twitch users can now access thousands of Snapchat-style selfie filters, including those made by Snap and independent Lens Studio creators with possibilities to reward fans with "bonus" and "thank you" lenses.
We may not be the best gamers at Rerun HQ but these filters will add a new element of fun in the office!
There you have it, the top links of the week!
Share the knowledge and forward this weekly Rerun hug with your friends and co-workers.