Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 87 of Rerun by Axonista!
And what a week it was! - We're all looking forward to a relaxing weekend, and, to make yours a little bit more special, we've put together a collection of our favourite stories from this week in TV.
Our Top Pick this week is the spectacular Alibaba's 11.11 Countdown Gala Celebration in which interactive video was used to shift $US21 billion worth of sales by 40,000 merchants in just 24 hours to an audience of approximately 150m people in China! Just mind boggling!
We look at the future of 5G, the past and future of VR, how publishers are using and abusing Facebook Live, and we have a heartwarming personal VR experience specially created for a WW2 war veteran.
"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in." - Leonard Cohen
Future of TV
- The average American will waste more than a year over a lifetime looking for something to watch on TV
- The NFL is launching a VR series on YouTube & Daydream
- Get closer to ‘Planet Earth 2’ with new 360 degree mini-series
- Liberty Global: Quadplay is key
- Twitter is reportedly in talks to sell Vine
- Snapchat are now an AR-first company
- YouTube finally justifies your HDR TV purchase
- Apple is bringing in NBCUniversal to sell ads in Apple News