Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 81 of Rerun by Axonista!
This week's Top Pick is Snapchat's bizarre new Spectacles, and hidden behind them a really interesting new circular video format.
We also look at a new subscription-based app by Legendary for their niche shows; potshots taken at Facebook after last week's metrics admission; how Google Analytics may have ruined digital marketing; Brown Bag's meteoric but humble rise in the animation industry; and Rock Band in VR.
If you enjoy reading this newsletter, show us some love and share with friends!
Let's get to it!
Future of TV
- Disney is in talks with bankers about possible Twitter acquisition
- ESPN upgrades its drone coverage with new race season starting October 23rd
- EsportsTV expands 24/7 coverage across multiple European platforms
- YouTube Go is a new app for offline viewing and sharing
- Palmer Luckey’s Trump fund has been a kick in the teeth for VR