Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 77 of Rerun by Axonista!
This week's Top Pick is a behind-the-scenes look at the massive streaming infrastructure and operations base that NBC built for their Olympics coverage.
We also look at the many ways in which the rise of video has changed the game for media publishers, how James Corden's digital-first ratings-don't-matter approach is resonating with younger generations, what director Jon Favreau's first VR experience will be and a VR marriage proposal in Tilt Brush.
If you enjoy reading this newsletter, show us some love and share with friends!
Let's get to it!
Future of TV
- Twitter to share pre-roll video ad dollars with creators
- Best-selling Wii title Carnival Games is making the leap to VR
- Rick and Morty's co-creator and an Epic Games veteran are starting a VR studio
- Apple adds Jessica Alba to Planet of the Apps reality show, joining Will.i.am, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Gary Vaynerchuk
- CBS will let you watch its shows online without ads
- Bjork + Unity team up for first live 3D mocap stream