Welcome to Rerun, your weekly round-up of the most interesting news stories from the future of video, VR and TV, curated by Axonista.
Last week, we teamed up with our friends at VideoInk at Cannes Lions to interview some amazing visionaries shaping the future of video.
We had such a fun time producing these videos, and are delighted to share the first three with you today: Bryn Mooser, co-Founder RYOT Studios, Amy Emmerich CCO, Refinery29 and Nathan Lindberg, Twitch's head of esports partnerships.
More interviews with Whistle Sports, Storyful and Jukin Media coming next week!
Let's get to it!
Future of TV
- Facebook now has 2 billion monthly users…and responsibility
- Rocket League added to Summer X Games, ESPN3 to broadcast
- Super League Gaming closes $15 million funding, investors include Nickelodeon, DMG and aXiomatic
- Vimeo kills plans for subscription-video service
- Google opens up YouTube co-viewing app Uptime to all iOS users
- Google is experimenting with VR advertising
- Apple's latest acquisition could be a major step towards making VR mainstream