Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 30 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
In our Top Pick this week we have a Pixar veteran, Saschka Unseld, who is now shaping the future of storytelling at Oculus. We also have Netflix's findings on which episode is the one that really gets you hooked on a TV show; Facebook introducing 360 degree video; a personalised short film with 100,000 variations; a new VR game from the makers of Monument Valley; the latest news from Oculus' Connect conference; a new theme park by anime legend Hayao Miyazaki; and much more!
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Watch people try VR porn for the first time (NSFW)
- ITV is launching a new streaming service to take on BBC's iPlayer and Channel 4's All4
- NBC launch a streaming channel on Roku
- ABC's TGIT use emoji to unlock exclusive content on Twitter
- Applications for the VR Launchpad Startup Showcase are now open
- We can't believe this amazing CableRobot Simulator hasn't been used to simulate giant fighting robots