This week Netflix made a rare TV appearance to explain the thinking behind cancelling some of its high profile Netflix originals, including Sense8 😭 and The Get Down.
Netflix's new strategy is to take more risks with its Originals, in order to find stand out hits that couldn't have been predicted, like 13 Reasons Why, and Stranger Things. Inevitably this wide net approach will lead to a higher number of cancellations as some shows fail to hit the mark.
But fear not, some well loved animation shows are making a comeback to our screens, soon. The hero that is Steven Spielberg is bringing back Animaniacs and Samurai Jack is also returning after 13 years away!
Let's get to it!
Future of TV
- BBC to stream election debate via Twitter for first time
- Fox Sports is airing the Champions League final in VR
- Nickelodeon revamps Noggin, its ‘Netflix for Kids,’ with dozens of interactive, play-along videos
- Walmart is bringing VR instruction to all of its U.S. training centers
- Oculus just added Chromecast support to Samsung Gear VR
- Facebook just lost a big battle to Google for publishers