Welcome to Rerun, your weekly round up of the most interesting news stories from the future of video, VR and TV, curated by the Axonista team.
This week, saw the first time a video game trailer has qualified for an Oscar in the animated short category, following its jury prize win at the Vienna Shorts Festival.
Everything is a wonderfully nutty game in which you can play as literally everything in the known universe. Complete with an Alan Watts voiceover, the trailer is really worth a watch.
Future of TV
- AwesomenessTV founder Brian Robbins hired by Paramount to run new division
- ‘Breaking Bad’ virtual reality project in the works from Vince Gilligan
- Facebook Live gets accessible with third-party closed captioning
- Internet video revenues to overtake DVD this year
- Sony sells one million VR headsets
- DirecTV Now will only support Chrome on desktop starting in July
- Formula One boss reveals plans for owned broadcast platform