Sometimes it's good to reflect on the positivity of our industry. We enjoyed reading through these inspirational quotes gathered by World Television Day, but this one from Kofi Annan resonated the most this week.
“Television can be a tremendous force for good. It can educate great numbers of people about the world around them. It can show us how much we have in common with our neighbours, near and far. And, it can shed light on the dark corners, where ignorance and hatred fester. The television industry is also in a unique position to promote mutual understanding and tolerance – with content that tells the stories not just about the powerful, but about the powerless, and not just about life in the world’s richest pockets, but also in the developing countries that are home to the majority of the world’s population."
Future of TV
- Masaya Nakamura—the 'Father of Pac-Man'—dies at 91
- HBO Go now supports Apple’s TV app and single sign-on feature
- Plex acquires Watchup streaming news service in quest to serve all your media
- Apple moves into sports sponsorship with FC Bayern Munich partnership
- Sony’s profit drops 84% to $169M as film business takes $920M write-down
- Social video app Beme shuts down