Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 83 of Rerun by Axonista!
In this week's Top Pick Victor Luckerson puts forward his argument for why, 10 years on, Google's acquisition of YouTube was the best tech deal ever.
We also look at why a TV viewer does not equal an online video viewer; get an inside look at Snapchat's new ad API; see some of the video game influences that went into Westworld; check out a Facebook Live interactive murder mystery; ponder VR storytelling; and admire the creativity and talent that went into Westworld's opening titles.
Let's get to it!
Future of TV
- Discovery invests $100m to merge Thrillist, NowThis, The Dodo
- Warner Bros. nears deal to acquire Machinima for close to $100m
- BuzzFeed News & Twitter to partner on election night special
- Facebook now lets you stream videos to Apple TV and Google Chromecast
- Cork start-up InfiniLED acquired by Oculus
- Al Roker's startup is now 'live'