Happy Friday 13th!
Welcome to Issue 61 of Rerun by Axonista!
This week's top pick tells the story of Evan Spiegel, the 25 year old leading the monumental rise of Snapchat. Facebook continues to be the centre of attention with news organisations and games publishers working with live video or VR. YouTube is encouraging more video sharing with its new in-app chat. The Void is bringing a Ghostbusters VR experience to New York City. The BBC iPlayer will finally be subject to the UK TV licence fee and to round off your Friday, we bring you an awesome retro game to test your 80s knowledge.
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Amazon launches YouTube-like 'Video Direct' service allowing creators to monetize their videos
- Spotify announces slate of 12 original video series
- National Geographic gets 780,000 Snapchat views per day, plans video series on Instagram
- Disney disappoints despite box office success
- NBC teams with NextVR to offer Kentucky Derby VR live stream
- Periscope makes broadcasts permanent by default and introduces search