Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 59 of Rerun by Axonista!
Lots of storytelling goodness this week, we have a rallying cry to storytellers to approach VR differently to linear film, and we have an amazing piece of multimedia by National Geographic following bears in Yellowstone Park. Elsewhere we were looking at BuzzFeeds very distributed channels and some advice given to advertisers to start letting go of their traditional advertising formats in response. But there's the problem of measurement...
Future of TV
- Comcast buys DreamWorks Animation in $3.8 billion deal
- Twitter, NFL streaming deal may be first of many
- Valve & Lionsgate bringing 100 feature films to Steam that you can watch in a VR theater
- esportsTV, 1st Western 24/7 eSports channel, will launch in May
- Vive manufacturer HTC creates $100M fund for VR startups