Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 54 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
In this week’s Top Pick, we have our own news! The announcement of Ediflo Pro, the first platform to be engineered from the ground up for Object Based Broadcasting (OBB) workflows.
The battle for TV and video streaming continues with the launch of YouTube Connect, Google and Vizio ditching the TV remote, and Apple Music making original video content. Elsewhere, we look at some of the ways that VR will shape our lives, from our behaviour and empathy to how we design our homes or learn about the world.
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Hearst's new vertical video ads take a cue from Snapchat
- In 10 months and with just 3 staff, Quartz has gone from zero to 200 million video views
- Sony closes games studio, opens games studio
- Twitch wants your ideas for TwitchCon 2016
- Nielsen to break out metrics for Apple TV, Roku, other connected-TV devices
- VR startup Jaunt hires sales staff, Ouya CEO Uhrman