Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 40 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
This week's Top Pick is Pixar co-founder Ed Catmull's thoughts on VR storytelling. One of the creative minds behind Toy Story and an usher of the era of 3D animation, when this man talks about a new medium it's well worth paying attention!
We also look at how Vine are driving remixing and collaboration, how to gift media in the streaming age, video gaming's Oscars skipping TV for streaming, Nokia's $50,000 VR camera, exclusive Star Wars VR content for Google Cardboard, and much more! If you're a VR fan then this is a great issue for you!
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Facebook begins testing live video streaming for all users
- Amazon Instant Video app to launch on tvOS ‘within a few weeks’
- A walkthrough of the VR theme park The Void [video]
- AOL’s Kanvas partners with Guess
- YouTube seeks streaming rights to TV shows & movies
- Discovery unveils Discovery GO, its TV everywhere service for the US