Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 28 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
In our Top Pick this week we have the long awaited update to the Apple TV, and we take a look at which of our predictions came true. We also look at how ad-blocking may be a good thing, how NowThis are innovating news storytelling, the world's most boring TV (and why it's so addictive), VR postcards, the story of the Oculus Rift, MediaCon, and much much more!
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- 10 takeaways from #MediaCon 2015
- Periscope secretly building an Apple TV app; introduces landscape mode
- Instagram advertising goes global with new TV-style formats
- Skip the lines and ride a new roller coaster in glorious VR
- Nintendo’s first smartphone game is augmented reality Pokémon
- Developers behind iOS series "Infinity Blade" release $3m worth of game assets; right in time for Apple TV games