Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 13 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
Lots of fantastic reading this week! We take another look at TV interfaces, this time with connected devices. We also feature an amazing 40-year celebration of ILM, Mary Meeker's 2015 Internet Trends Report, behind the curtain of Netflix's redesign, Google I/O, storytelling in the digital age, and much more! Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
Google I/O 2015
Google's big annual conference started yesterday, so here's some of the most interesting news from it so far.
- HBO Now is coming to Android, and it will support Chromecast
- Google's VR kit is now on iOS
- Android TV can display video streaming apps in the same program guide as traditional TV channels
- Philips will be including Android on 80% of their TVs
- Improvements to Google Cast mean second screen games and apps are coming
- Teachers can now take their class on virtual field trips
- Mobile ad campaigns in Analytics, Admob and Adwords have a host of improvements