Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 85 of Rerun by Axonista!
This week's Top Pick is the launch of Kickstarter Live, an interactive live streaming feature that we think is a great idea.
We also take a look at AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson's Hollywood charm offensive, the Netflix for African and African-American movies, ESPN's subscriber shock, Twitch's new video ads, Google's mobile ad experiments, NYT's new daily 360 videos, the future of the VR industry, and some tripped VR art for Doctor Strange.
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Lionsgate wants to spend $25 million per year on projects led by online video stars
- Facebook reportedly doubles down on esports streaming rights
- YouTube is still having trouble getting people to pay for YouTube
- Google’s Daydream VR headset is coming November 10th
- Eurosport is Discovery’s ‘Sports Netflix’
- Mic is bringing video to push notifications