Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 73 of Rerun by Axonista!
In this week's Top Pick, Gary Vaynerchuk shares his thoughts on Instagram Stories and the future of snackable, evergreen and live content.
Also this week we get a look at how Netflix runs its A/B testing, Nielsen finally release Facebook ratings, TV UX is still too complicated, the Olympics is a hotbed of new media technology, and NBC research uncovers the secret to getting people to watch new shows.
If you enjoy this newsletter please forward it to friends. If you've received this from a friend you can subscribe to receive it every week.
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Netflix’s first original VR content is a creepy trip inside Stranger Things
- The NFL and Snapchat make their partnership official
- Six months in: What Sky has learned from VR
- Watch VR help kids lose their fear of water with this 360 video
- Japan's NHK begins world's first 8K TV broadcasts
- For Kit and Ace, Snapchat doubles as a TV channel and customer service assistant
- Disney launches its own messaging app, Disney Mix, aimed at kids and families