Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 70 of Rerun by Axonista!
It’s been a busy week for streaming and, in our Top Pick, we see Mr Robot’s season 2 premiere launched on Facebook. In further streaming news, Twitter struck a deal with Bloomberg Media and social media became the first to break lots of important news.
We also have some great insights into children’s TV on YouTube and an informative history of the TV show title sequence. In VR news, Paul McCartney teams with Jaunt VR to produce a fantastic VR documentary series on his music. And in AR news- aside from the mammoth success of Pokemon Go- some students have only gone and created some AR ad blocking glasses!
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Pokémon Go tops Twitter’s daily users, sees more engagement than Facebook
- Fox is starting to live stream its primetime programming across the US
- YouTube to the music industry: Here's the money
- Apple seeks stars for reality TV show Planet of the Apps
- Unity raises $181m round at a reported $1.5B valuation
- Bill Maher’s convention specials are heading to YouTube for live-streaming
- Better late than never, Sky Q's 4K service launches August 13
- Polaroid Swing thinks the world needs a better photo app