Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 7 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
This week there was a lot of thought and analysis around the future of the TV industry and the explosive start to 2015. From 'mobile first' to OTT services to new advertising models to the production of TV series themselves, it's suddenly apparent to everyone that things are changing very fast. As always we're on top of it and we've brought you the best reads.
We've also got a great read on Pixar's successful blend of creativity and technology, a blend that the TV industry should be examining quite closely. As well as virtual reality Saturday Night Live and Abbey Road Studios... what are you waiting for!?
Future of TV
- We mentioned in the previous issue that HBO Now's first big test was the Game of Thrones premiere. Well they passed!
- But it wasn't all streaming success for HBO as they issued takedown notices to Periscope, after users were found livestreaming the GoT premiere.
- Traditional TV viewing is down by double digits as viewers get their video fix on other devices.
- Crackle's new app features 'always on' video. This is the new norm for video apps.
- Where do I know that actor from? Amazon bring their X-Ray feature to the TV, giving you all the movie info you need whenever you hit pause.
- Ferrari's new app lets you virtually dismantle your $300,000 sports car. No purchase required!