Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 66 of Rerun by Axonista!
In this week’s Top Pick, we bring you a great NYT feature that surveys the history of Netflix and considers the disruption it has and will cause in the entertainment industry.
We also bring news of some great features being introduced on Apple TV. Esports are coming to European television through Sky and German channel SPORT1.
Elsewhere, Sky News embraces Snapchat, Disney gets more into apps and GoPro moves into software. And we’ll see some Star Wars technology come to life with Magic Leap.
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Michael Bay is working on a 'gritty' action VR project
- Hulu VR comes to Oculus Rift with 30 VR videos
- Star Trek VR game is a button-pressing simulator with potential
- Facebook says it will be 'all video' in 5 years as people abandon text
- YouTube Director - Create polished video ads right from your phone
- Netflix adds picture-in-picture support to iPad app
- This is Meerkat's new video chat app: Houseparty
- Hulu makes big kids programming push with new Disney Channel deal
- Twitter introduces emoji-based targeting for advertisers