Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 57 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
This week’s Top Pick reports on the obsession with live video, nowhere more obvious than in the hugely viewed BuzzFeed exploding watermelon viral video from last week.
We bring you old technologies repurposed with streaming enabled vintage TVs, as well as new ones, with Ralph Lauren’s connected store fitting rooms and reports of the upcoming HDR TV wars. And in VR news, we finally have a decent VR ad and some classic children’s stories in animated VR.
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Everything Facebook announced at F8 2016
- This is the first official camera for Facebook's Live Video: the Mevo
- Jon Favreau working on multiple VR experiences
- Snapchat lets you add emojis to your videos
- Lytro's insane new cinema camera has in-camera chroma key
- It's Vine TV! Vine now lets you watch an entire channel with one tap