Happy Friday! It's our 52nd issue so we're busy celebrating our 1st birthday! Don't worry we saved some cake for you 🍰
This week is a big one. Aside from our birthday (did you know it's our birthday?) Polygon posted a fascinating read about the history of Playstation VR and the people who made virtual reality a reality. Facebook is making moves into broadcasting, BBC is sharing some of its research on Object Based Broadcasting (the future of TV), Meerkat is pivoting, social gaming and Facebook is coming to the Samsung Gear VR, and there's so much more!
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Co-founder of YouTube launches Nom, an interactive video community for foodies
- 'A way to go deeper': How Kohl’s and JCPenney view Periscope
- The Washington Post embraces live video on Facebook
- MTV Germany launches live show on Facebook
- NY Times launching television newsletter & website called "Watching"
- Japan to broadcast 2016 Olympics in 8K
- Facebook buys MSQRD, a live selfie filter app that smacks of Snapchat's lenses
- OTT ad revenues up 76% in 2015