Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 49 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista. And welcome, especially, to all our new subscribers.
This week’s Top Pick is a look at Twitch’s impressive user figures, which show that the streaming site can out-do YouTube in viewing minutes and out-measure traditional TV ratings.
In VR news, Fox Sports and AP launch VR broadcasts for live sports and news, Syfy is making a new VR TV show and Leap Motion showcases its motion-sensing VR tech. In video news, Great Big Story stake a claim in video publishing, Tasting Table avoids Facebook by launching their own app, OK Go embrace Facebook video and Homer Simpson will hold an AMA. Seriously.
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Facebook will start automatically captioning video ads
- Gatorade's Super Bowl Snapchat filter got 160 million impressions
- "F*ck It" - Cosmopolitan Editor Joanna Coles on publishing to Snapchat
- Laura Slattery: One true telly remote to rule them all? We’re still waiting
- Microsoft gives breathtaking demo of HoloLens
- Executives from YouTube, Pepsi, UTA tapped to curate VidCon’s industry track