Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 46 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
This week's Top Pick is a sneak peek into Snapchat's pitch deck for the advertising industry ahead of last year's Super Bowl.
We take a look at Periscope's journey as it continues to build its 'teleportation experience' within Twitter . We also look at an interactive music app that personalises the listening experience to the user, art that provokes through a QR code and a magical journey inside a Dali painted VR landscape.
With television now 90 years old, we look at attitudes to it from the past as well as recent reports on young people's consumption of video.
We also have X-Files, 360 degree interactive games on YouTube, the explosion of VR at Sundance and so much more!
Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Twitter is now offering 30-second and longer, skippable pre-roll ads
- Spotify launches video shows on Android (iPhone "coming soon")
- Sky in Showtime output deal
- VR arcade planned for LA
- YouTube Red shows off its first slate at Sundance, offers new hopes and challenges for creators
- Twitter's senior staff exodus