Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 18 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
A monster issue this week! Inspiration from Pixar's Chief Creative John Lasseter, Chicago's "Netflix tax", Facebook sharing ad revenue with creators, Meerkat + Discovery Channel + sharks, vertical video, the story of Sony Pictures' hack, Pac-Man's 35th birthday... lets get straight to it!
Future of TV
- New HBO shows airing on Facebook for limited time
- Getty Images teams up with Oculus for 360-degree VR viewing
- Cricket World Cup draws 1.5bn TV viewers
- BBC3 set to go online only as trust backs plans to scrap TV channel
- Vivendi buys 80% of Dailymotion, valuing the YouTube rival at $295M
- Magic Leap names Vevo Co-Founder as Chief Content Officer