Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 16 of Rerun, your weekly digest of digital storytelling, interactive media and the future of TV curated by Axonista.
This week we take a look at the battle for kids' TV and the audience of the future. Some surprising news on BBC's development of TV that can be mind-controlled! We also have roundups from the biggest event in gaming, E3, where Sony, Microsoft and Oculus were showing off their latest and greatest VR devices and experiences. Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- YouTube launching its own dedicated gaming app and website, YouTube Gaming
- Twitter will now autoplay native videos and GIFs
- PlayStation Vue announces a la carte service, coming to SF and LA
- Xbox One dashboard update includes a huge new design and Cortana
- Alibaba is launching TBO, a movie streaming business for China
- The biggest movie openings in history are dooming the world to an eternity of sequels