Happy Friday! Welcome to Rerun!
This week Bloomberg have published their survival guide for publishers and it makes for extremely timely reading given the current conflict between YouTube and advertisers. You can see evidence of Bloomberg's guide reflected throughout this issue, from the continued proliferation of sports deals with social networks, to the direct audience engagement and uniqueness of the Archer AR and Ghost in the Shell VR experiences. Let's get straight to it!
Future of TV
- Apple’s TV Remote app now works on iPad too
- Comcast to expand streaming service amid cord-cutting trend
- ‘Grasping at straws’: Buyers say Twitter’s new pre-rolls won’t scale
- Disney reportedly out of talks on VOD service offering movies sooner after theatrical releases
- Spotify acquires video discovery app MightyTV
- BuzzFeed said to prepare for a 2018 IPO 😮