Happy Friday! Welcome to Issue 80 of Rerun by Axonista!
This week's Top Pick is the admission by Facebook that it has been miscalculating one of its key video metrics for the past two years, resulting in overestimations of 60%-80%.
We also look at Joshua Topolsky's new venture 'The Outline'; Snapchat's new ad targeting; why Twitter and Facebook's live streaming offerings need to get married; Cartoon Network's new show and why it's the future of kids TV; the resurgence of miniseries; designing VR for Disney; and more!
If you enjoy reading this newsletter, show us some love and share with friends!
Let's get to it!
Future of TV
- OTT adds US$25bn revenue to the global video industry
- October will see big VR moments from Google, Facebook, and Sony
- Apple hints at VR/AR work once more with Oculus & Magic Leap hires
- Time launches new & expansive VR program
- Netflix targeting 50% of content to be original programming
- VR pioneer & Palmer Luckey's mentor moves to Microsoft
- Huffpost RYOT bringing VR comedy and news shows to Hulu
- GoPro's Karma drone folds up and fits in a backpack